Suggested Interview Questions
Download a Radio One Pager
- Why is it important that children explore our world? How can we help our kids feel comfortable in other cultures and communities?
- You’ve traveled extensively, and Gretchen, you travel with your children now. Can you give us some tips on traveling with kids – or sending kids to travel alone (like to see their grandparents on a plane)?
- Why did you choose a bubble for Becka to travel on?
- If you wanted children to learn five things from your books, what would they be?
- How do you choose the locations to which Becka will travel?
- As a child, did you travel much? What were your impressions of this travel?
- (Adam) You worked with children in other countries. How do they differ from American children in their views of the world?
- What are the characteristics of Becka that you hope children will emulate?
- How did your previous experience in life (actor, soccer coach, OR writer/producer) lead you to writing these books?
- How can parents help fire up their kids' imaginations? Become more adventuresome?